A quieter few days :-)


Advertisement
Published: May 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Had a fairly quiet week, well anything in comparison to South island would be considered very quiet. Both Margaret and i are complete numpties however as we both left our bungy vids and pictures on the bus, most annoying, so we'v been chasing matty our driver around NZ trying to get them! Not clever.

After all that action packed adventure; all Margaret and i felt like doing was chilling out in Christchurch and as id already been there i knew we wouldnt be missing out on much! It was ANZAC day when we were there as well so we just caught up on sleep and rested our livers. Also went to see The Reader, a Brill! film, if you havent seen it, go seriously. its awesome. Kate Winslet soo deserved that Oscar.

Off through kaikoura again, i do love that place; its jus so beautiful. Then it was across the ferry up to North Island and Wet and WINDY Wellington! Gross as weather, again didnt do all that much. i did go and perv on Zac Efron for a few hours, on my own, at the cinema in 17 again. He is far too good looking, it should be illegal! Went to Te Papa museum the next morining; nearly got blown over on the way there but it was very good; great exhibitions and a bloody huge collosal squid, 4.5m long. ewwwwwwwwww. if you made squid rings out if its mantle, they would be ther size of a car tyre! How cool is that!? lol

Then it was off up North again to the wee town of Levin ' Why the bloody hell do you want to go there?' i believe my drivers words were; gang capital app.... i hope he was joking. I was off to meet a friend of a friend from England who just so happened to be a vet. Rachael was a lecture at massey university, the only vet school in NZ and it was real interesting learning how they do things differently in NZ. Everyone who applies to vet school,gets 6 months like prelim trial and then out of the 300 or so, 80 are picked to complete the rest of the course. Random eh? Spent the first afternoon with a couplf of the equine vets; watched as your typical hypocondriac horse owner was worrying that her horse was lame when she had just run him too hard the day before. An then a castration on the teeniest miniature horse iv ever seen, it was like a big dog! Was lovely being back in home comforts again, their dog karma was a gorgeous lab staffie cross, LOVE her! :-)

The next day i was in watching the 5th yr students doing like their first castrations and stuff in s.a. Not before id given Thomas the cat his insulin injections literally as id woken up, rachael was really great at getting me involved! :-) that got me super excited, thats gonna be me sooon! :-) Also went to a lecture about head trauma in horses; good to get the old brain going again! So defo a few days very well spent! :-) Then got a lie in the next day, hadnt been feeling too good, slept until one! :S Then i was off to Scott's dads farm to watch how they do millking in this side of the world! It was a 26 each side herringbone set up, with about 400 cows, so it was surprisingly efficient! Then we were off to the RUGBY! As my father has deprived throughout my whole life and NEVER taken me to a game (!) i decided i would HAVE to go again! I went with a few of Rachaels very patriotic friends so it was a brillo fun evening. But chilly but a great game. aukland blues vs Wellington Hurricanes; hurricanes whooped the blues but the blues were pretty fast if they got hold of the ball! The cheerleaders were very amusing, they r defo there for aesthetic reasons, nobody seemed to care that they couldnt dance for toffee! But defo an AWESOME evening! :-)

Hopped back on the bus then it was off for a quick night in Taupo; i was feeling rather ill so i was in bed by half 9! MAD! As i was up early for a bit of Black water rafting; basically floating through under ground rivers in a tyre tube. I decided as i was abseiling down a very narrow gao that i did not like caves. at all. But none the less, once i got over the fact that there was like a gamillion tonnes of rock above my head; i had a brill time! :-) It was pretty cold but we were fully suited and booted and once you're laying on your back looking up at the millions of glow worms, you dont feel so cold. it was AWESOME! I cant imagine we were the most graceful paddling backwards in our tubes but we had all our lights out, to be guided only by the glow worms. eeek! We stopped for hot juice and flapjack which was much appreciated before having a walk through as well, through the passage of drunken dreams. me being the most clumsy, unstable person alive spent more time on my bum but never mind! We then got to an apparent dead end, but there was ifact a ridiculously small gap we were expected to climb through, and then climb UP a waterfall! By this point i was feeling a tad scared and couldnt believe what they were asking us to do! But we all survived and i was incredibly glad to see daylight! I dont like tiny cramped spaces, especially when there is a lot of rock above! But after somr hot soup and a shower i was all cheery and realised i spent 99.9% of the time thoroughly enjoying myself, there was jus a small amount of time where i wanted to be teleported out of there!

Then it was off to Rotourua for a cultural filled evening but that i shall update you on soon.
xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb