Russell


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Northland
January 23rd 2005
Published: January 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

RussellRussellRussell

view from the ferry
Oh my head, what the hell happened last night and why am I singing 'Sunshine on Leith'? Fiona is even worse and that thought of the Ferry to Russell is not an appealing one.

We have breakfast and make a pack-lunch and set off for the ferry, we get to the ferry port about 10 minutes after breakfast and sit down to eat our pack-luch, it's nearly noon anyway.....

The ferry to Russell is about 15 minutes too long, it took about 17 minutes and Fiona (the ultimate traveller) was feeling a bit worse for wear, we got there and walked along the shore to the beach, Fiona lay down in the sun and I climbed some rocks then went for a dip in the water.

Russell is famous for being New Zealand's first capital but now it's another wee seaside town that's even more expensive than Paihai, it's nice and that and we wandered down the streets and along the beach, we had another lie down and then some more lunch, I was feeling fine now but Fiona was still a bit rough.

We headed back around 5pm and vowed to stay away from the pub
Worse for wearWorse for wearWorse for wear

on the ferry out
as we were driving back to Auckland tomorrow, we had bought food from the shop for dinner but Fiona wanted to go out and feed her hangover even more, I was cool with that and we went to some pub on the sea front for fish and chips, lovely, I washed mine down with a couple of pints but Fiona stuck to lemonade, good girl.

Early to bed as we were leaving at 9am tomorrow, we've loved our time in the Bay of Islands and the weather has been amazing, we're sorry to be leaving but there is so much more to see.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Russell BayRussell Bay
Russell Bay

from the beach
Andrew on the rocksAndrew on the rocks
Andrew on the rocks

with Paihai in the background
Fiona Fiona
Fiona

on Russell beach
A long dayA long day
A long day

after the night before


Tot: 0.301s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 82; dbt: 0.1147s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb