Paihia days sailing


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Northland » Paihia
April 29th 2007
Published: April 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

A superb day. We joined a small number ot others for a day trip into the Bay Of Islands on a large catamaran. The weather smiled on us. For fun, I helped haul the mainsail which was hard work. It was georgous sailing through the bay. We stopped at a lovely island where we were ferried ashore by inflatable. A walk to the viewpoint at the top of the island gave us splendid vistas over the bays many islands. In the distance we could see leaping dolphins playing beside pleasure boats. Soon after leaving the island the dolphins joined us briefly and porpoised by our boat. At a lunch stop anchored by a beach I went snorkelling in the cold but crystal clear water. Jen took to a kayak and paddled to me. It was a long exhausting swim back to the boat followed by a nice buffet lunch. In the afternoon the wind strengthened and we were able to do some fast sailing which was great fun. In late afternoon th clouds gathered but we managed to avoid the rain and reached the quay having had a very special day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0858s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb