New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Ninety Mile Beach
October 7th 2008
Published: October 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The crusies had all said to give them a call first thing to see whether anything had changed, but at 7.30am we looked out of the window and saw wind and rain and decided not to bother, so had a lay in instead which was a real treat.

After a hot breakfast we ventured out in the rain to drive along the coast to Doubtless Bay where there were lots of pretty coves and beaches we wanted to explore.

It absolutely poured down, so walking on beaches wasn’t as fun as we’d expected, in fact mostly we just stopped and looked at them through the window. We had a look at Cable Bay, which was a lovely pink sand, Tokerau Bay, which was long and sweeping, Kaikari Beach, which was reached via a long unsealed road, and Matai Bay, which was a two sided bay with big semi circles of sand. We’d planned on spending longer around the beaches but it was too cold and wet to do anything more than have a quick look so we decided to move on rather than spend the night in the area.

We made our way up the peninsula, which is home to ninety mile beach (which is nowhere near 90 miles long), and found a little campsite. It wasn’t a nice campsite but it was late and we were tired and hungry. It did the job for one night, although the toilets were full of ants and daddy long legs and who knows what else.




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Inside our campervanInside our campervan
Inside our campervan

Check out how tidy it is?!
Houhora Harbour Houhora Harbour
Houhora Harbour

This is where our motorpark for the night was


Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb