Hawkes Bay


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Napier
January 17th 2018
Published: January 28th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Sorry forgot to publish this blog. C.O. Has put me on jankers.





Woke up after not a bad sleep but totally confused about local times, dates and own identity. The C.O. Appears to be as confused as I am - not her usual commanding self. We had some time before our 11:50 flight to Napier. Checked out of hotel and decided to walk to the internal flight departure lounge and get breakfast there. We followed a green line set in the pavement and yomped to departures. The internal flight departure lounge had nowhere near the facilities of the international lounge. We struggled to find breakfast but settled for a largely inedible breakfast bap and a flat white coffee with a heart fashioned on the top. We boarded the plane that the C.O. was disappointed to note that it had propellers. However, we bravely boarded the aircraft and strapped in. The seat belt was a very necessary bit of kit as the plane was buffeted by wind and was thrown around quite a lot causing the C.O. to remark that she did not like planes with propellers and would refuse to go on another.

We exited the airport quickly and grabbed a taxi to our hotel. After checking in we reconnoitred Napier and the C.O. started looking for opportunities to add to our kit. We booked a walking tour at the local tourist info. office and I purchased a pair of sunglasses to withstand the glare of the sun that we had not experienced for quite a time. Had a great meal at a local mess that we thoroughly enjoyed.

Looking forward to seeing our friends at Havelock North.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb