White People For Peace


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Masterton
October 15th 2007
Published: October 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I will try to give a more well structured entry this time, reding the previous ones i kinda come across like a guy who makes his own crystal meth is his bath-tub...
So last tuesday morning i went down to the protest, and that was all fun. Banged a drum sung loudly, shouted abuse at people who design more efficent ways to kill other human beings. In the afternoon went to the botanical gardens which were very beautiful. In the evening Danielle insisted on taking me to a strip club (there are loads in Wellington). It was terrible, everything i expected and less. The drinks were few and the people were many. It was every layer of bad.
The places on the south island i was going to stay at took a very long time to get back to me, so rather than waiting i moved to the first place to reply which was the 'French Village' a couple hours north near Carterton. A family with 3 kids, 3 dogs, 4 horses and a cat in 'the bush'. There really nice and caring and made me feel at home in a way the guys in Wellington had failed to do. Since i arrived here on Wednesday afternoon i've been painting and moving heavy things and chopping down small trees and chainsawing bushes to make paths AND BUILDING A FLAT-PACK LOOM! The family are great but the dad is a bit stange and doesn't like to be disturbed (he used to play in The Average White Band and live with Pink Flyod's drummer, he was backstage for the first performance of dark side of the moon and has a issue with David Gilmore for getting too stoned and throwing up on his couch!!!) so when the rest of the family went away for the weekend i ended up spending a lot of time on my own, i've read a lot!
I'm learning a load of new skills and am gonna be slowly making my way north wwoofing as i go. That's all i've got right now, i leave here on friday.

Keep in touch, Chris xx


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.08s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb