Goat Island


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Goat Island
February 9th 2009
Published: February 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post


6th - 8th December 2008 Goat Island

When we arrived at Leigh and Goat Island, we went straight down to the beach. Walking on the rocks, we could see loads of beautiful fish swimming around really close to us. It's a major snorkeling and diving marine reserve here, so we were really excited about the following day and getting right in there to see all the marine life. Our campsite was very hippyish, but great. The lady running it was away with the fairies (man!) but there was a great feel t the place - maybe because of that??!

The next day was lovely and hot, but the sea was really rough. We tried to snorkel but the visibility was nil, so we gave up and played around in the surf instead with the bodyboard.

The next day the weather was rubbish which was a real shame as there was no chance of getting in the sea, so we made the decision to move on - sorry to miss out on such wonderful snorkeling but we'd never get round NZ otherwise. Maybe we'll get back here one day.

On the way out, we went through Warkworth,
Goat IslandGoat IslandGoat Island

The glass-bottomed boat
which is our favourite little town so far - a lovely river runs through it, it's not too big a town but has all you could need, and it's not all along one straight road like so many towns here - it bends around with the river - a very pretty place. It has a real 'heart' to the place.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb