On the road again...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Gisborne
March 24th 2008
Published: March 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Champagne poolChampagne poolChampagne pool

the colours of this thermal pool were amazing!
We've hit the highway again for our last spin around NZ. We went through Rotorua and saw a thermal park that we missed the first time 'round. We then headed South to Gisborne. This is the first city in the world to see the sunrise. Our first day there, Easter Sunday was a bit dreary so we headed to a hot springs. This was awesome, very natural. There were some pools that were a 5 minute walk through the rainforest. Duane had a contest with a nine year old boy to see who could stay in the cold pool the longest. He let the boy win, of course.

The next day we crossed a biggie off our list and took a surf lesson. It was totally sweet! The sun started shining just as we started our lesson with Frank, a 50-60 year old ex-Californian. In an hour we were catching tons of waves and standing up on the board quite easily. It was a nice shallow sandy beach, perfect for learning. Now I'm not sure how we'll perfect our surfing skills as the surfing opportunities in Saskatchewan are a little limited!

We are now at the one week countdown for the end of this trip! We plan to squeeze as much fun into a week as we can!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



24th March 2008

Down memory lane
The pictures of Rotorua bring back fond memories of our trip. Can't wait to get some surfing lessons on Skelton Lake by the champion surfers..... Pa
25th March 2008

Chivalry
Duane, at his chivalrous best, "let the boy win." When was the last time Duane let anybody win anything? Duane, I thought your Easter Dip skills would serve you better!

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 16; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0721s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb