Jill and Shane's Eastern European Excursion


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Feilding
April 24th 2016
Published: April 24th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Blog entry Mark 2....... Somehow our first attempt has disappeared into the ether, (probably drifting around in the iCloud with the scanned copies of our passports), so here goes again! We have a three hour wait in Dubai, in the Business Class Lounge, so I will attempt to resurrect the blog. A wise woman recently told me, (thanks Micki), that my father would say, if you can afford to fly business class and don't, then be rest assured your inheritors will!! So, we are enjoying the fruits of our labours and spoiling ourselves, flying Business Class, which is a much more comfortable way to travel when you are 6 foot 5". And we assure you, there will still be something left in the coffers for the 'inheritors', with a bit of luck. The food and service has been great, and we have even managed to snatch some sleep.

We are off on an adventure, exploring Eastern Europe for three weeks on a motor-bike. We are travelling with a Croatian Adventure Bike company, along with three other couples from the US. Shane has done most of the planning, along with a very capable Travel Consultant, so we will enjoy a few capital cities before arriving in Split to begin the tour. The bikes are BMW 800GS, similar to what we jaunt around on in NZ.

A week on Santorini will be a chance to recuperate, relax and recover, before we head home. And enjoy a bit more of the magic that this Greek Island has to offer.

Leaving loved ones behind to look after businesses, homes, dogs, gardens, pot-plants, is never easy! We are grateful to all our 'children' for their efforts, love, and especially words of encouragement as we baby-boomers pursue long-held dreams of a bit of adventure.

So watch this space.......

Advertisement



25th April 2016

Happy travels?
Very envious of you two. I know you'll have a great time. I look forward to reading about it.

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb