New Zealand Road Trip


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Coromandel
May 17th 2007
Published: May 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 28 - Thursday 17th May

Porridge, porridge!

Emptied toilet and filled water...hmmmm! Filling the water up took AGES!! It just kept filling and filling and filling....... You could have filled up a few baths!! That's another thing... they didn't seem to have filled up the water when we picked the van up, but that was because there was something wrong between the waste tank and water tank. We hardly used any water before it had to be filled up again.

Dropped the van at the garage to be repaired and wandered into town again.

Oh... forgot to say, when we arrived in Rotorua, you certainly know about it!! It smells of bad eggs!

After picking the van up we drove out to Hell's Gate again to do our free walk. The walk around the thermal reserve was cool but ABSOLUTELY STINKING! We were glad to leave it, it made you feel a bit ill! Oh on our way out, we had a free go at carving in wood. It was great fun! The guy who did it was funny and had made some amazing work that we saw in his portfolio!!! He was currently working on a piece. Oh, we also bought a face mud mask each with the plan of all doing it that evening!

From Rotorua, Gem drove up to Tauranga. It was crazy windy there! We spent a little while driving around trying to find the site!! When we eventually found the campsite we went straight into the site kitchen to make tea. We mad soup for tea. There was a crazy, road guy in the kitchen who talked rather a lot. Didn't do mud masks that evening after all!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb