Busy day on the wild side


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Coromandel
September 4th 2016
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -36.7549, 175.502

After a wonder "kiwi breakfast" that looked remarkably like a Full English (without the black pudding or mushrooms), we headed north along a wild and windy (that's w eye ndy) coastal road.
We cut across a mountainous graveled path - first stop: feed the wild boars!! Then to see the almost extinct Kauri trees, about 600 years old in this cove. Getting to the east coast we drove to the Cathedral Cove, which was 30 mins of ups and downs, ups and downs, until we got down to the beach. Then reverse. Phew!
A short drive to the "hot water beach," where you dug down into the sand and found wonderful hot water. In fact, although Sept = our US March, it is way warmer, and it wasn't so bad walking in the surf to get nice chilly toes before warming them.
Stopped en route home for lovely dinner of green-lipped mussels. Evidently they are their very best in their winter, and now, they are "off." We asked how he could sell them if they were spoiled. "Off" here mean just not at their best. OK. They were still very nice.
Boy, are we tired. We will need a vacation soon.

Advertisement



4th September 2016

Beautiful picture!!
5th September 2016

wow, looks likes a beautiful, romantic spot, just for you two.
5th September 2016

that' sweet! we love you too!

Tot: 0.532s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 70; dbt: 0.1834s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb