Day Eighty Seven


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Coromandel » Waihi
August 14th 2008
Published: August 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Mountain biking one last time in Rotorua didn't work out due to storms, so we headed up to climb Mount Maunganui. We had thought we would spend the entire day there and head to Tauranga for the night, but sometime early in the afternoon we found ourselves back in Waihi at the back door to the Burrowing Bullie.

Christoffel and Alison are opening the bar on Friday, so we thought we could lend a hand or two. We are working through all the last-minute fiascos, trying to make the deadline. It hasn't slowed down, and there is still a lot to do before 5:00pm tomorrow. We are making it fun, though! I made them cheese curds at Jack's request (go Wisconsin) and taught them how to make a Cosmopolitan Martini and different garnishes for cocktails, so those are making their way to the menu for the bar. Aunt Deborah, I taught them the best recipe I know 😉 Jack and I got to serve some customers in the cafe that are friends of ours, so it felt like old times. The new guy that we hired has been doing great, and seeing him again was good.

Tomorrow could be mayhem, but it's worth it. Jack and I (not to mention Christoffel and Alison) have put so much into this business that it really does mean something to see it succeed. We expect a good turnout, and we have plenty of staff with the four of us and the new barmaid. Wish us luck!

Saturday morning we are headed back to Auckland. Steff invited us to stay at their house one last time, which will be awesome. We might do the reverse bungy downtown! Morgan has been dying to go on it with us, and that will be our last chance. We have to. Three people sit in this little pod, then they count you off, and it launches straight up. You are hooked onto two bungy cords, so it goes up and down a while. Should be good!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0844s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb