Borrowing someone's hot water pool at hot water beach


Advertisement
Published: March 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We left Auckland for the beginning of our trip southwards. We made a few little stop offs along the way and eventually got to Coromandel for hot water beach at around 1:30pm.

Once there we grabbed a spade and headed straight to the beach to dig our own little pool of hot water to sit in. Unfortunately when we got therwere tide was already in pretty far so we started digging but every time we got close to making a pool the tide kept coming in to the pool and making it cold.

Eventually a man who had been there a while offered us his pool and we all jumped in as quick as possible to get a feeling of the hot water From under the sand. We sat there for a while burning our bum cheeks in the hot water and waiting for the sea to bring in some cold water every so often to cool us down. It was pretty cool and we were really glad we managed to experience it.

After the hot water pools we jumped on the bus and went to Cathedral Cove a beautiful beach with a lovely cathedral arch separating it into two parts. We had to walk quite a way down lots of hills and steps to get there but the views were amazing on the way.

Once we got there we had a couple of pictures under the cove and then me, Beth, Tasha and Jo went in the sea for a swim. the sea was really choppy so instead of swimming we spent about half an hour jumping the waves, well trying to jump the huge waves and mostly getting knocked over and swept back into shore.

After half an hour of knackering jumps and bikini bottoms full of sand we sunbathed for a bit before having to brave the long and steep walk back up to the bus. we finally made it, baking hot from the sun but ready for our backpacker dinner of pot noodle - I swear I'm going to look like a pot noodle soon.

In the early evening we saw there was a children's play area with an open top bouncy castle so me,Pete, Beth, Tasha and Jo went over and jumped on it for a while. It was hilarious as it was really flat so everytime we tried to jump we couldn't actually lift both feet off at the same time so kept falling over. Quite sad at our ages but we've got to join in with the kids on the kiwi tour lol 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb