In Hot Water


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Coromandel » Hahei
June 22nd 2005
Published: June 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Keep digging!Keep digging!Keep digging!

Tim takes a break from digging to take a photo...
We ended up staying on in Coromandel a few days longer than planned and took advantage of a sunny Sunday to visit Wyrna Bay, take a Kauri forest walk to Tuck's Bay and drive up to Colville for ice cream at the end of the day. The sunset on the way home was the most impressive we have ever seen.

The highlight of the next couple of (rainy) days was cooking and eating fresh Snapper and Oysters (caught and collected by our mate Myles).

On leaving Coromandel we drove around the top of the peninsular before turning south towards Tauranga. Even though we hadn't expected the weather to be good enough or the tide to be right we managed to be driving past the famous "Hot Water Beach" for a second time at exactly the right time. Imagine digging a hole in the sand, waiting for it to fill with 64 degree spring water which bubbles up from under the sand, allowing the sea water to fill the rest of the pool (and bring it down to a more manageable temperature) and then sitting in your own natural spa pool by the sea on a winter's day...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb