Day 80: Hot Water Beach‏


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Coromandel Peninsula
February 27th 2013
Published: March 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

No dramas on the bus this morning thank God! We rocked up at Hot Water Beach at around 2.30pm and headed straight down to the beach. Unfortunately so did 100 other people! We didn't succeed in finding our own hot spot to dig so we waited for a family to depart theirs and swooped in for the take-over. All the pleasure without any of the hard work digging the hole! The water was pretty warm, too warm in some spots. We stayed in a holiday park and managed to bag ourselves a private cabin so hopefully a better nights sleep than the past few days.

Bailey's bit: To answer yesterday's question the answer was no. 2 of our fellow dorm shares went out and returned at 3am (1st disturbance), then they started snoring (2nd), then at 4:30 one got up and decided it was a good idea to wedge the door fully open while he went to the toilet (3rd), the joys of sharing! After hot water beach we went on a walk to Cathedral cove, where a huge cave separates two beaches. I also swam in the rough seas to a secluded cave that the bus driver suggested visiting.

Daily mileage: 5(am) seeing I couldn't get back to sleep with the snoring went out at 6:20am. It was still dark but there were plenty of runners, followed one down to the North wharf which has been nicely redeveloped for pedestrians.
2(pm) attempted a run around hot water beach, but found it was limited to the beach, the caravan park and then the long hill which is the only way in or out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb