To the beach!!!!


Advertisement
Published: October 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So Tuesday 19th, the Stray bus was late picking me up from Parnell even though I was the first pick up! I later realised this was just how Seagull (our driver) worked! We drove around Auckland for quite some time picking people up from lots of hostels then headed up to Mount Eden - in the bus which was good as it was raining by then! After a quick stop at Stray HQ to have the online booking system explained we left Auckland & hedaed over to the Coromandel Peninsular. The hills there were beautiful to drive over. We stopped off a few times to shop or admire the views & to hug the twin Kauri trees that are meant to bring good luck &health! We stayed at a campsite hostel in Hahei & most of the group set off for the beach to go sea kayaking. I paired up with Debby (who was next to me on the bus) in a kayak & the group set off up the coast to Stingray Bay (guess what we saw there!), Lover’s Cove & Cathedral Bay. There we stopped for a tea break before heading heading out & round an island, through an archway & then “sailed” back down the coast by rafting the kayaks & holding up a large “sail”! Seagull cooked a BBQ for us all as a Welcome to Stray treat!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

On the beachOn the beach
On the beach

At Hahei
Cathedral CoveCathedral Cove
Cathedral Cove

As seen in The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian!
WaterfallWaterfall
Waterfall

At Cathedral Cove


Tot: 0.327s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0918s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb