Weekend adventures


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Islands
January 20th 2006
Published: January 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Drove up to Bay of Islands, stopping to see the world famous toilets in Kawakawa.
We stayed in a motel for 2 nights. Were greeted by some crazy guy who smelt of really bad BO, with a bird on his shoulder which had evidently been trained to shit down his back. The rooms were clean though.

Looked around town, went to the beach and swam in the sea, had some dinner (really cheap and nice seafood) and a few drinks. Then headed off for Kayaking the following morning.
It was fairly choppy with a good breeze blowing and intermittant sunshine. Apart from the impending doom when the rudder fell off and we couldn't steer it was good fun. Paddled round some islands for a few hours, sat on a beach for a bit, then headed back and was so knackered could hardly do anything. So had a lazy afternoon, wondering around a town on the opposite side of the bay, eating ice cream and drinking a few beers.

Got a small fishing kit and tried it out in the sea, failed miserably, so might stick to harbours in the furture.

Hope your all well!

Rob


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



26th January 2006

Nice Work If You Can Get It....
Your Da sent me the blogsite and I have enjoyed reading it very much. Thank you for sparing all of your readers the no-doubt dreary and gory details of your medical work, and concentrating on the touring and bibulary aspects of your trip. Best wishes from your friends in New York.
27th January 2006

stilll hijacking yr blog
I got the incredible shits in paris and it's very cold. back in warm london for the weekend eating yogurt

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb