Day 156 New Zealand, Auckland to Bay of Isles.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Islands » Paihia
April 22nd 2015
Published: April 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hello Followers,



Again we had another lie in- we have been on the go constantly for over a week staying with different people so it’s nice just to have time to ourselves and to sleep.



Both Eduardo and Susane had left for work early again; it’s really kind of them to allow us to stay in their house after they have gone to work as most couch surfers insist you leave when they go to work.



When we left the house at 9.40am we went to buy breakfast in the town of Onehunga I had a sausage roll and Neil an egg and bacon roll, we then we went to the outlet by their house to buy the Nike trainers that Neil had found last night (and wanted for the last 6 months) and a new sports bra for me. Eduardo and Susane had even given us a key, which was really trusting of them, so we could get back in and collect our bags.



After the shopping we got our bags and headed to the city, we went straight for the public library as we were having a fairly chilled day away from sight seeing and the library was free warm and had free Wi-Fi. We sat in the library writing blogs, on the WIFI and reading. We took turns to buy lunch as we had our big bags with us. Neil was so happy to get dumplings cheap in the city for lunch!!



At 5.10pm we caught the Naked bus to Paihia, Bay of Islands. It took 4 hours. We bought a return bus trip yesterday online for $66 each.



When we arrived our hostel was called the bay adventurers hostel,(after 9pm) we checked into reception, we had booked up the cheap option of tents but the reception informed us they couldn’t find the tents so they put us in an empty dorm room until the morning when we were to re check in and they could find the tent. Having an en-suite, kitchenette dorm to ourselves was luxury after arriving late and expecting a tent!!



Good night!



Love V&N X


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb