New Zealand Roadtrip


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Islands » Paihia
May 27th 2007
Published: May 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 38 - Sunday 27th May 2007

Up late! Read in bed! Left hostel around 11. Walked to the harbour and booked a fast boat trip on 'Mack Attack' 'hole in the rock' ride for 12.30. Looked in town a bit, had a bit of grub and went back to the harbour to get kitted out for the ride. Dressed top to toe in waterproofs with the addition of a lifejacket. It was a cool trip!! The ride around the Bay of Islands was nice. When we got out to the hole in the rock we went in and out of a cave first then through the hole in the rock slowly. We did a circuit of the rock as the guy chatted and told us some stuff about it.eg. a womans head you could see in the rockface. Then we absolutely zoomed (Gem says so.....Sar doesn't..... but Gem says considering it was just through a hole with loads of waves in...it WAS fast!!!) through the hole! The boat was flying up in the air then slammed back down into the waves repeatedly!! You got thrown up in the air! Was really fun though! Back to the harbour at Pahia the boat flew! It was really windy by now too, so if you turned into the wind with your mouth open your face kinda flapped about...ha ha...v funny lol!! Gem got a bit soaked as she was sitting on the edge so whenever we stopped into the waves the water soaked her! Got out of the boat walking a bit bandy legged!

Back in town, we had a hot choc to warm up! From there we walked around some roads a bit and found a track through the trees up the the viewing point! Was a really nice little walk! (about an hours walk)

Had left overs for tea tonight and also made some rice pudding out of the excess rice. Not the best in the world as it was brown rice, but not bad!!

Caught up...ha ha..yeah right!..on the blog a bit, then sat and watched tv in the cosy tv room with fire and chatted a bit to others. Bed 10.30/11.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1mb