Horse Riding in Paihia


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Islands » Paihia
November 21st 2006
Published: November 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

State Trooper HamptonState Trooper HamptonState Trooper Hampton

Somehow, I don't think I passed the horse riding assessment for the NZ state troopers horse mounted regiment!
After the excitement of the buggy driving we spent the afternoon on what we thought we be a more sedate form of transport - HORSES!

With neither of us having ridden before, it was probably a little fool hardy to go on horses which would see us trekking over 10km and 1.5 hours through steep valley terrains and hills.

We were looking forward to it, more so Caroline, but left feeling dissapointed as the whole time Caroline spent in fear as the instructors had not given her clear instructions on how to ride the horse and the horses took us over some very steep inclines/declines and we felt at any moment like we were going to fall off or be bucked off. While the ride was meant to be 1.5 hours long we only lasted about 50 minutes mainly due to pain in the bums as well as fear of death.

The only result that came out of it is that I never have to get on a horse again, and Caroline is much more interested in spending any money on faster go karts in future.

Still it was an experience that's for sure!



Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0637s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb