Waiheke Day 4 - Final full day


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Waiheke Island
February 25th 2011
Published: February 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After the Christchurch earthquake and after speaking to Laura and Macky we decided that it would be best
to change our flights from Auckland to go to Wellington instead. We then got in touch with Magic Bus and they were able to book us in to a Youth Hostel in Wellington for two nights as well as reorganising our entire trip.

I cannot begin to say how impressive magic bus are, if you ever get a chance to come to New Zealand and you want to experience it all and have a good time and be looked after these are the people to travel with. The level of service compared to the money you pay is pretty much second to none. So plea, if you can and if you are over here try them out.

Once we had sorted all that out. We headed over to James and Helen's place for a mammoth bit of food. As soon as I got there, Dave (from New Zealand, bit of a wide boy, been there all his life, check the picture with me and the grey haired fella, asked me to come and move the sheep (!) from the back of his car to the spit.

Well that is something I have never done before. So I moved the whole sheep to the spit and helped the guys get it going. I definitely felt a lot more manly after that, it was like a short sharp injection of testosterone hahaha.

Jayme, Dave and Denis showed a powerpoint presentation of a collection of loads of photos that we had all been in with Helen and James and then a video of people who couldn't be at the wedding. That was a very lovely thing to do and the photos were classic !

So the party kicked off, we all ate like mad and drank loads. The punch made an appearance, but I stayed pretty clear of it. Emma also left so it was sad to see her go as I had some amazing times with her while she had been over this week.

As the following day was going to be a big one, I decided to get a bit of an early night......


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb