Day 13- Our Last Day in Auckland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Waiheke Island
January 31st 2010
Published: February 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

I woke up at 9:20am and decided to hop in the shower since we had our own private bedroom, living room and bathroom in the exposed basement. The bathroom even had a towel warmer, nice. Pete then woke up when I returned to the room around 9:40am. We dressed and packed our bags so we would be ready. We didn’t hear anyone moving upstairs so I decided to work on the blog and Pete went up to the kitchen to start some coffee.

Then around 10:30 everyone else started to wake up. Pete and Scott made an awesome breakfast with an egg scramble including onions, peppers, sausage and steak from last night. Then we had toast, blueberries and strawberries.

Did I say how awesome the views are from this house with LOTS of windows to capture all the views?

We lounged around reading books, writing blogs, watching tv until 5pm when we caught the ferry back to Auckland. Scott, Negar, Pete and I all went back to their home, they moved in June 2009. It was a newly built three bedroom and 2 bath single story home, very nicely decorated. We got the tour of the inside and outside as they have planted many vegetable plants around the home. Then came the wine, cheese, crackers and fruit as an appetizer to the pizza.

WOW this pizza was Fabulous. We had 3 different kinds: Tijuana Gourmet, beans, ground beef, sour cream and guacamole; Mediterranean Gourmet, feta, spinach, tomatoes and lamb; and Traditional Chicken, chicken breast with lots of herbs. The pizza parlor uses all fresh ingredients along with fresh herbs, Pete and I were in heaven.

We watched the documentary by Bill Mahr named Reguluous, it was quite the entertaining movie for the evening. Around midnight we went to bed since we had to be on the Kiwi Experience bus at 8:20am downtown Auckland.

Thanks Scott and Negar for your GREAT hospitality.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.33s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 21; qc: 88; dbt: 0.1818s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb