Our Last Blog


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Waiheke Island
December 25th 2005
Published: December 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well, our trip around the world has come to an end and we have arrived safe and sound back at home just in time for christmas. It took us about 22 hours to get from Auckland to Minneapolis. It was a long day but we got to do some time travelling. We left Auckland at 7:30 pm on Thursday Dec. 22 and arrived in Minneapolis 22 hours later at 5:30 pm on the same day - Dec.22 meaning we arrived in Minneapolis 2 hours before we left Auckland..funny to think about.

The last bit of our time in New Zealand was spent at a secluded island an hour east of Auckland called Waiheke Island. We spent 4 nights/5days doing a lot of R&R on the beach. The weather was a bit temperamental and it would rain on and off throughout the day but usually only for 5-10 minutes until the rain cloud passed and then the sun would reappear and intensely shine down - it is very direct in New Zealand, even more so than Australia!

The last night of our trip we went out for a nice dinner at a classy restaurant called Vino Vino. The table we sat at was next to a window that over looked the steep hills and ocean from. It was nice ending to a great trip.

The day we flew out of Auckland we spent most of the day Christmas shopping and then got to the airport to get ready for our long journey home.

When we finally arrived in Minneapolis my sister and our friends Matt, Kari and Susan were waiting in the aiport to come pick us up. It sure was good to see a familiar face and to catch up with them. That night we all went out for a good ole American supper and had boneless chicken wings with good tasting ranch! We spent the 23rd with my family and will be spending the 24th and 25th with Jusitn's.

Sooo, that is the conclusion of our travels for now. Thank you all for following along with us on our journey around the world. It has been so fun to be able to share our travel stories with so many people!

We wish everyone Happy Holidays and hope you have safe travels to wherever your Christmas destination(s) may be!

We'll be putting up another 50-100 pictures now that we've got good internet so have a look!

Until next time,
Beth and Justin


Our Final Stats:

Hours spent on trains: 117
Hours spent on planes: 77
Different Airlines Used: 7
Currencies traded on: 10
Hours spent on boat transportation: 74
Pictures taken: 4,000
Scooter bikes rented: 4
Scooter bikes crashed: 1
Cars rented: 5
Cars crashed: 0
Snorkel trips: 2
Scuba dives: 14
Time spent under water: 560 minutes
Taxis: too many to count
Different beds slept in: 82
Major cities visited: 16
Countries visited: 13
Miles flown: 36,000 miles


Advertisement



27th December 2005

That's Awesome.
You two just did something that most people in the world will have never done in all their lives--I just think it's incredible.
29th December 2005

Nice to have you back.
Congrats on the accomplishment peoples. That was some trip. Welcome Back. Barth............still wan't a free Game System? Link's still good. LOL. Jay

Tot: 0.286s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb