Build Day 4


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Takanini
November 7th 2008
Published: November 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Group photo day 4Group photo day 4Group photo day 4

Daily group photo
Another day and one without rain. A good thing. As we started the day, our leader, Mike, thought that we would be delayed as showers were expected, but to our happiness, clouds, a bit of sun and wind. We made great progress by finishing what we could on the roof. I estimated, 15,000 nails, or at least it felt like it. The house is wrapped in with the weather sealing product and the scaffolding has been delivered and ready to put up. We have a house or more than the shell. The end of the work day ended with the successful flying of the Habitat for Humanity banner above the house. Great photo! We headed out to Mission Bay, downtown Aucklund to meet up with Dawn from the NZ Habitat office. A great meal of fish at the harbor side, some ice cream for those diehards then home to Takahini Lodge to rest our weary bones.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Thrivent logoThrivent logo
Thrivent logo

Thrivent logo up in the air like a sail.
Parking jobParking job
Parking job

Kirk's parking job.
Mission BayMission Bay
Mission Bay

Meeting Dawn at Mission Bay for dinner. Classic Fish and Chips joint in NZ.


7th November 2008

Brilliant!
Hey ya'll - the house looks brilliant - great job! Keep up the good work. Have fun with the kiwis. ;) Jill
7th November 2008

Looking great!
what progress -- you guys have really cooked on that house. And it looks like there's no shortage of good humor and good fellowship, either. Love the Brad video -- maybe you can reenact that scene when you get home. Safe travels!

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0218s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb