Family happenings - Beachlands/ Bucklands Beach


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Beachlands
January 12th 2011
Published: January 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We are having an amazingly hot dry summer all the rain seems to be falling over Queensland in Australia. The rain seems to be forgetting to cross the Tasman and come to New Zealand. Queensland is having the most dreadful floods, I heard the other day that the floods cover an area the size of Germany and France combined.
We are in serious drought mode. My water rates bill is going to be horrendous.
I can't remember such hot sticky days as the ones we are having at the moment. The swimming pool is being put to very good use.
My job on the Monday of house renovations was to keep the girls entertained. We made scones and the girls helped clean the house and kill the flies. They were great little workers. We had a lot of fun.
Tayla has been looking after her Monarch Butterfly caterpillars and she had the joy of watching a couple turn from a chrysalis to beautiful butterfly. The real joy was when the butterfly sat on Taylas hand.
Tayla told me that the butterflies are her responsibility and that she must water the plants and make sure the caterpillars have enough food etc. She even shifts her caterpillars onto new food. Well done Tayla.
Joel and I had a good laugh when we observed Tayla sitting outside eating one of her scones she had cooked earlier in the day. Evie was begging her to give up some of the scone. Begging is not allowed!! Tayla hopped down to get something and Evie instantly was up and scoffed the scone. Poor Tayla rushed back grabbed the plate and licked up the crumbs that Evie had left. All very hygienic!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Fletcher and EvieFletcher and Evie
Fletcher and Evie

They should not be inside. Naughty naughty.
Monarch CaterpillarMonarch Caterpillar
Monarch Caterpillar

Got lost in the garden so came inside to be looked after!!
So funnySo funny
So funny

The girls wanted to take Fletch up the slide. To do this they needed to put socks on her so she wouldn't scratch the slide.


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb