A Day at Sea


Advertisement
Micronesia's flag
Oceania » Micronesia » Yap
March 15th 2008
Published: March 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Friday, March 14, 2008
Today was another sea day so the activities calendar was filled to the brim. It is always a matter of pick and choose since there is really too much to choose, let alone try to do everything. The day began like most by going to Mass, exercise class and finally breakfast. I ate with some folks I met on Cruise Critic - that has been really great meeting, or getting to know people on cruise critic and then travelling with them so you get to know them even more. I have had a good time getting to know them. This morning’s lecture was, “The Marianas Bitter Fighting, and the “Turkey Shoot” which occurred closer to Guam than to where we are currently. The awesome American naval air forces were fighting a major confrontation with the Japanese Navy’ fleet air arm and this devastated Japan’s naval air capabilities. Later in the day there was a talk from the author, Mark Goldberg, talked about “Getting Over There, a Trip on a Troopship.” Until 1967 American troops and materiel were taken overseas primarily by sea. He talked about these ships that took the our men to war.
Tomorrow it is on to Micronesia and Yap Island.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb