They All Can't Be Perfect


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia » Tahiti
June 4th 2015
Published: June 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Always wondered about Tahiti but don’t have to anymore - it wasn’t as pretty as the other islands. It is a larger and has other cities but the port is industrial and as we walked to our destination today it continued to be industrial and commercial.

Our goal was to see a waterfall up in the hills so we stopped at the Information Center and they told us that we needed a permit from City Hall. Okay, we got to city hall and finally found the right department where we plunked $12.00 to get our permit. We received a map and directions to get to Fautaua Valley and we were on our way. We estimate it was about 3 miles before we got to the gate in the noon day sun.

At the gate they told us we didn’t need any paper. Bye-Bye $12.00. We walked a short distance and the map showed it would be 4 km to see the falls. We decided to turn back as we had no water with us and were already dripping wet with perspiration. A short walk back and we found a bus for $2.00 each to get back to town.

Aboard the ship for lunch and a rest and later we ventured out again about 4:00 pm to find a local spot for beer. Success.



On the ship for dinner and had to wait until 10:00 pm for our muster drill, a requirement every two weeks. Some people had their bathrobes on, others weren’t too happy. This was a first having it so late.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



5th June 2015
Very Old Church

they all can't be perfect
yes sometimes there's trouble in Paradise!!! still the name Tahiti does sound so beautiful......

Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0797s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb