Tahiti


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia » Tahiti
January 24th 2008
Published: March 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Whe you think of Tahiti you think of palm-fringed white sandy beaches, but actually most of the coastal areas are lagoons rather than beaches. There are a few beaches, luckily some of these are on the island of Mo´orea where the campsite was. Didn´t do a great deal in Tahiti except relax on the beach a bit. Didn´t even muster the energy to get my snorkel out! We did only have 4 days there though. It was actually very expensive here and probably a better destination for a holiday rather than when travelling for several months and attempting to stick to some sort of budget.

What was particularly exciting (well I thought it was - you may not share my enthusiasm though.......) was crossing the international date line which meant having two of Jan 23rd and 24th (Claire, if you´re reading, this would have been extremely traumatic for you - you would have turned 30 twice........aarrgghhh). Personally I had more fun on my first Jan 23rd - we were in Sydney for the night visiting my friend Becca, had a view cocktails over looking the harbour bridge and opera house - probably a bit touristy but very nice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1653s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb