Tahiti and Moorea


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia » Tahiti
July 2nd 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

French Polynesia was beautiful! We arrived in Tahiti in the dark after a very long journey from Paris, and awoke to a stunning view of Moorea - the island where our overwater bungalow awaited. We took the ferry across to Moorea, and drove around the coast to Cooks Bay. Our bungalow was perfect, with a wonderful deck and steps down into the crystal clear lagoon. There was also a claw foot bath, and a fantastic glass panel in the floor, directly over a little bit of reef. Beautiful tropical fish swam around underneath all day and night (it was lit up at night) - and Sandra took to getting out of bed in the middle of the night just to see what was swimming underneath! The island of Moorea was dramatic and beautiful - all towering cliffs and mountains and blue water. We did a little bit of cycling and canoeing, and a lot of snorkelling. The fish were amazing - so many different ones, all with their own little personalities! The food wasn't bad either - clearly there's something to be said for being a French colony. All too soon it was time to head back to Tahiti for two more nights on the 'big island' (with spectacular black sand beaches) and then back to Sydney.

It was perfect - I don't think we could ever beat it. I don't think we'll ever try...


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Through the window!Through the window!
Through the window!

Simon swimming under the glass floor of our bungalow
Tiki!Tiki!
Tiki!

A Tiki on Tahiti
The bungalowsThe bungalows
The bungalows

- with private swimming deck!
Rain!Rain!
Rain!

It rained in French Polynesia too...!


Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0848s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb