Basket Weaving 101


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia » Rangiroa
June 6th 2015
Published: June 7th 2015
Edit Blog Post

It was a one hour rocky speed boat ride to our destination but so worth it.

We saw a real atoll (a ring-shaped reef, island, or chain of islands formed of coral) and the beauty cannot be described. Learned that the Indo-Australian plate and the Pacific Plate are crashing into each other and in some places lifting the earth up. Our stop today showed coral that used to be in the water and is now a wall. Incredible scene!

The snorkeling today was wonderful and we saw so many colorful fish. After our picnic, our guide asked if we would like to make a basket and I said I would. He was a patient guy and it turned out to be a lot of fun. Meanwhile, the other guide made hats for all of us out of the palms.

Back on the ship we got ready for the evening festivities. Bob and Sandra celebrated their 45th anniversary and we started out with sparkling wine in the lounge and moved on to dinner in the Polo restaurant where we feasted on steak and lobster.

We had a great time and retired to our room to move our clocks 1/2 hour ahead.????


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Making a SceneMaking a Scene
Making a Scene

They leave the strands to discourage the flies - yes for real!
Love BirdsLove Birds
Love Birds

Bob and Sandra Graham being serenaded


7th June 2015

basket weaving 101
great pics of the coral and the fish......and the whole adventure..... you are so lucky and i am thrilled for you!

Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb