Moorea


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia » Moorea
August 24th 2008
Published: September 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The underwater camera worked greatThe underwater camera worked greatThe underwater camera worked great

This is a Neon Damsel and a very pretty Moorish Idol
Another day started with bread and jam, then it was on to the beach to read our books. After a while we went out for a snorkel and tried out the underwater camera for the first time. Matt got some amazing shots. The current here was still strong so it was difficult to hold still when you wanted to watch a particular fish. Today some fish were really brave (or stupid) and came right up to us, even spending time sitting on Matt’s blue flipper while he had it on the floor to balance himself while taking some pictures.

I think the angel fish are the most beautiful, but the little bright blue ones are pretty special too. We have to find a fish book from somewhere soon so that we know wha we're looking at!

We were out for quite a while before clouds come in and it looks like a storm was coming. We decided it was time for a late lunch and went back to get changed as the rain came down. The bad weather didn’t last long at all, and even when it was raining it was still lovely and warm so it didn’t stop people from laying on their loungers or swimming.

We’d decided our main meal today would be in the beach bar at lunch for a bit of variety and as it was a bit cheaper we had a proper feast including puddings and beer. It was lovely knowing we didn’t have to be anywhere and we spent a couple of hours looking out at the lagoon as the colours changed with the moving clouds above. By the time we’d finished, the storm had blown itself out and the sun was shining again.

Afterwards we felt too full to lay on the beach so headed back to our rooms to read again. That’s the great thing about this trip - it's giving us chance to spend to read which we never find enough time to do back home and also as we’re away for so long we don’t feel stressed into feeling we have to be active every minute of every day like we would if it was a one week holiday. Anyway, even if we wanted to be active all the time our funds wouldn’t stretch to that (not in Tahiti anyway!)

The evening was spend relaxing in our room, drinking wine and eating tuk crakers, garlic sausage and peanuts!




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

This is the best shot of them allThis is the best shot of them all
This is the best shot of them all

This is a Scissor Tail Sergeant Major who has lost some of his colour


Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0811s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb