Bora Bora


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia » Bora Bora
September 3rd 2008
Published: September 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We ate one of our baguettes for breakfast (saving us £26 as that‘s how much the breakfast of bread, jam, cheese and coffee costs here for two!) and I headed down to the beach to read some of the magazines I'd grabbed from the rack at the bar. It was strange reading about what was going on in the real world as we’ve felt removed from it for the past few weeks.

Around 9.30am we Skpyed Matt’s parents and had a good long chat with them. It’s great having a web cam and being able to see each other while you speak.

The rest of the morning was spent on the beach. After a few hours there we went to sit on the jetty to look out across the lagoon watching the colours change as clouds passed over the sun and made it slowly turn from turquoise to deep blue.

By then it was lunchtime and we felt obliged to eat a meal at the bar as I don’t think you’re supposed to bring your own food with you to a resort like this and we‘d already made our own breakfast so I thought we‘d raise suspicions if
Our sunloungers on our own stretch of beach Our sunloungers on our own stretch of beach Our sunloungers on our own stretch of beach

As there was only one other couple at the hotel everywhere was deserted. It was bliss!
we didn‘t have lunch. It didn't help that there was only one other couple staying at the resort so Vlad literally waits around in case we want to eat something as he does most of the cooking.

The snack menu was basic and expensive. I wanted the fruit platter but Matt didn’t think I should spend £10 on it when for a little more I could get something more filling. We asked what the plate de jour was (plate of the day) and were told ‘fish’ by the French lady working the bar. That sort of vagueness didn’t help us in the decision making. In the end I had a burger as that seemed safe enough and Matt had a mackerel baguette. We chose well as they had everything we ordered this time.

After lunch we sat in the deckchairs around the pool. When we got too hot we jumped in. Whilst the lagoon here is pretty, it’s too shallow to jump in to cool down (even way out it’s only up to knee level) so it’s great to have a pool to use to cool off.

By mid afternoon we'd had too much sun so grabbed our laptop and sat under the restaurant canopy with a cold drink so that I could catch up on the blog.

In the evening we headed to the restaurant wondering if any more guests had arrived, but there were still just four of us in total.

I went for a home cooked chicken curry with coconut milk. I know that I hate coconut but I felt I should give it a try as Vlad makes it himself and it seems to be a popular local dish. Matt had a rack of lamb. The food was delicious and Matt was very jealous of my curry even though his was tasty too.

As we were finishing our meals a speedboat pulled in and some people brought a crate of lobsters to Vlad. He had told us he was expecting the delivery earlier but unfortunately it arrived too late for dinner tonight.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1016.6kb