Fiji


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Yasawa Islands
September 21st 2008
Published: October 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It was overcast and looked like it might rain as we headed down for breakfast. We sat on the table with the same guys from last night. Luckily the shack had held up and they didn’t see any spiders either! This time it was cake for breakfast - a yellow icing topped sponge and a plain banana cake. I took one of each expecting to go back for more of the yellow one. In actual fact the yellow one turned out to be stale and the topping was a rubbery solid texture. I looked around the table and everybody had taken one bite out of the yellow cake and left the rest. The banana cake was much nicer so everyone on our table made the most of the fact that the boys in the dorm had overslept and went back for more before it was all gone.

Mid morning we ventured out on to the beach even though it was overcast. It was still hot so I spent some time paddling in the lagoon and reading my book on the beach. I’m still torn about this place - laying on a near deserted beach is an amazing feeling.

After lunch Natalie and Ollie left, along with everyone else except for the Brasilian couple. Only two new guests arrived so over night the place has gone from being packed to empty.

The afternoon was spent on the beach. Matt swam over to the island opposite using his fins. I was thinking about joining him as the beach there looked lovely but a big black cloud started hovering overhead so I decided to wait for him to come back instead. When he did we went indoors and used the rainy time to pack up some of our things. As always Matt stressed out - you’d think he’d be getting used to it by now.

The rest of the afternoon was spent playing scrabble until the dinner drum was sounded.

It was strange going down for food knowing that the people we’d been used to seeing weren’t there. Instead of a packed dining room tonight there were only six of us; the Brasilian couple we’d already met and a new English couple. Dinner was the same horrible sausages we’d had on our first night, with cold slices of new potatoes and some stir fried vegetables.

After dinner we chatted a bit but the conversations didn’t take off like on previous nights so we headed off to bed. I bought a crunchie to eat for pudding and even though Matt said it tasted stale, to me it was the tastiest thing I’d eaten in days.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.5kb