Waya and the Yasawa Group


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Yasawa Islands
May 2nd 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Bounty IslandBounty IslandBounty Island

This is where Celebrity Love Island was filmed (apparently) and where you will see Mr Dan Stanley next year!
Today we left for a three or more day stay at Waya Island of the Yasawa group. The boat journey took 2 hours in total and was interesting as we saw lots of (expensive) islands on the way - some of which are privately owned and cost around $2000 per night!

We arrived at Waya at around 11am and were greeted with tea and buns made of coconut milk. They were like soggy scones - but very much appreciated! We spent much of the first day chilling out and relaxing in the hot sun. When we arrived there was one other couple there and we enjoyed sharing our stories about our travels so far.

On the 3rd we spent all morning snorkeling around the reef, just off our beach. We both agreed it was the best snorkeling we'd ever seen; the reef was alive like one giant tropical fish tank! Sadly we couldn't get any pictures, but we will have some next time as we have now bought a waterproof camera. That afternoon we continued the chill out sesh and caught up on our lagging diaries. It felt so nice to be in the same place for a long(er) period of time.





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.385s; Tpl: 0.047s; cc: 16; qc: 96; dbt: 0.2571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb