Tidaloko - Flying Fish


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Suva
August 23rd 2006
Published: August 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Bula family and friends,

After much earbashing and abusive texts from alllllllllll of you I have finally set up an account with your beloved travelblog........ so here it is....not sure what to write..........

At the moment I am looking out of my office window at Suva Harbour. I look straight out to sea and can see the reef break - no surfers today - the weather is quite stormy and im not wearing my glasses (typical) hmmmm so maybe they are there but i just cant see them.....

Had a great weekend - went into town without a hangover!!! surprised - i was!!! shopped at the markets (((i cant wait to take you guys there - the spices and fresh produce is amazing! when grandma was here i took her there and she loved it, we even took a short cut through the fish market - stinky stuff - she didnt bat an eyelid!))) then settled into the afternoon by watching the local rugby - it was the under 19 grand final and was awsome!!! the crowd was so free - people were jumping up and down, singing/laughing, just breaking out - great experience! the last tri was beautiful - streamlined perfection...

Yesterday i had the Hibiscus swimming carnival - great example of Fiji time - organised to start at 1pm but didnt actually start until 5pm - i was in a team with one of my ayad mates who is working for the fijian olympic committee - team name 'Tidaloko' (flying fish) love it!!!! - competition was tough....... the stiffest came at about 40kg, 1.2m and aged hmmmmmmm 7.
these kids can swim - im sure they have gills - however we did manage to get 2 1sts and 1 2nd - so well done us!!!! we did have the advantage.... of body length..... but hey a win is a win!!! now i have the mana ocean swim to train for - im going to do the indvidual swim (3km) and am in a team for the team swim (10km) - ahhhhh nerves showing themselves already - its all in good fun

I have my first workshop (sus accred pro) next week - arrrhhhh nerves showing off again! should be FINE....just send a whole lot of that intelligent energy this way around th 30th..... am going away after that so will update soon with the goss.........................

massive hugs, lots of laughter and colour

sarah
xx





Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb