Fiji


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Nadi
September 27th 2012
Published: September 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

LALALA

LA International Airport
We are now waiting in the transit lounge in Fiji. It is warm and humid outside. We would all love to stay here for a few days before heading off to NZ. J Maybe on the next trip to NZ or Aus if we have more time (and of course money) we will stay here.

Our stopover in LA was not pleasant. That airport is one crazy, disorganized place. We were glad to get out of there! My fears about our flight on Air Pacific being cancelled because of not enough seat sales were unfounded! The 747 was packed full. Boarding this plane took forever because there are seats on a 747. Anyway, once everyone was on board, the plane was ready to go at the scheduled time. However, we ended up sitting on the tarmac for an hour before we took off for our longest flight of 10 hours, 40 minutes. The extra hour of waiting drove poor Samuel crazy (not surprising considering it was around 1am Edmonton time and we had left our home at 10:30am the day before). We survived the flight, with a bit of rearranging of our seating and compromising of parents’ comfort.

Only
FijiFijiFiji

The 747 we flew on.
one more leg of our journey to go and we will be in NZ. Our last flight will be 3 hours, 10 minutes all going well. Hopefully we won’t have to sit and wait on the tarmac again, for what seems like forever, before takeoff. This is not LA, so things here should go smoothly.

I will have to post this blog when we get to NZ. No free internet in Fiji. It costs $5 for half an hour. Expensive! There was supposed to be free internet in LA Airport but that was a have. In order to get access, you either had to watch a short video first or do a survey first. Not that we would have had much time to do anything on the internet with all the shuffling around from one queue to another. Seattle wins hands down for best airport competition, and LA comes in last.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb