Bula


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Nadi
April 2nd 2008
Published: April 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 177 - Saturday 15 March

I´d only managed to get just over 3 hours sleep but as I had to check out at 10am I had no choice but to get up, I actually didn´t feel to bad but i´ve a strong feeling that i´m still drunk.

Today we fly to Fiji and the chance to slow down again and laze around on the beach. As everything was scatered all over the car first order of the day was to pack up for the flight and give our car a quick tidyup before we returned it. We´d had to park the car on the street and when we returned I noticed we´ve got a $40 parking ticket. Apparently were parked in a loading/unloading only spot. Now i´m not lying here but we definetly weren´t we were parked at least 5m away. The ticket was also issued at 11:30pm how they supposed to see if your in a loading bay or not when its that dark. With today being our last day in New Zealand we can´t even object to it but on principle i´m refusing to pay it. I´m pretty sure they wont persue it once they discover i´ve left the country.

After watching a bit of cricket we dropped the car back off at the hire company. I didn´t mention the ticket and made sure they didn´t have my credut card details. They failed to notice the stonechip on the windscreen so thats another bonus. They´ve given us a free lift to the airport but it turned out to be a free bus ticket and it took ages top get there. We only just made it before checkin closed.

Three hours later and we´d arrived in Fiji. First impressions are it looks a bit like the island from the tv series lost (even though Lost is filmed to Hawaii). Its also very warm and humid something i´ve missed. Everybodies really friendly as well and keep saying Bula (Hello). We only booked our accommodation on the internet a few hours ago and as all the dorms were already full we´ve been given a free upgrade and have our own room all to ourselves for the price of a dormatory. Just 3 quid a night each bargain!

On the plane there had been 2 good looking english girls and rather fortunately they´re staying at the same place as us. After getting dinner we started talking to them. It turns out that there off to Chile too about the same time as us so maybe well end up seeing quite a bit of them. After doing the usual where you´ve been and going routine we took them down the beach for a romantic stroll in the moonlight. Unfortunately it didn´t work. I think they´re playing hard to get as they may bump into us again. As we were all tired everybody headed back to bed alone for an early night.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.03s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0155s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1006.5kb