Cook Islands


Advertisement
Cook Islands' flag
Oceania » Cook Islands » Rarotonga
February 8th 2014
Published: February 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

February 4,5,6,7,8 - 2014 Cook Islands



The Cook Islands

The Cook Islands are a very comfortable place to visit. Not unlike French Polynesia but for us a lot friendlier. English spoken here as it’s very closely connected to New Zealand. including New Zealand currency. Beaches are spectacular on the one island, of 15, that we visited. ( Raratonga ). I assume they would be similar on all the rest as well. Similar to French Polynesia in that these islands are all surrounded by a lagoon between the reef and the island. Great snorkeling inside and outside the reef.

For the most part we did a lot of laying around and relaxing but managed to get in an evening out for a very good Polynesian dinner show ( Highland ), a four wheel drive morning adventure around, and into the interior of the island, a morning at the local market and I managed to get in a round of golf one morning. I was surprised to find out that my slice didn’t become a hook on this side of the equator.

There is a large contingency of Canadians that visit here. People from everywhere and obviously a lot of New Zealanders as it is a 3 ½ - 4 hour flight for them. Resorts are good, not cheap, but very comfortable with good water and facilities. No problem finding a restaurant here as there are many and something for almost everybody.

We enjoyed the Moari influence here and there is a lot of pride in their history.



We enjoyed our stay here and would have no problem recommending this as good vacation destination.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb