Family in Rarotonga


Advertisement
Cook Islands' flag
Oceania » Cook Islands » Rarotonga
April 12th 2006
Published: May 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

A marvellous holiday with the kids and partners before they head off overseas. Highlight was Tim proposing and being accepted. Rarotonga is a great holiday destination, clean, good food, accommodation at all price levels and sandy beaches to die for, plus pretty good snorkelling off the beach. Have marine reserves with some large fish in addition to all the beautiful reef fish. No nemos. The coloured coral is coming back after the cyclones of 2006. Stayed at the Sunset Resort on the beach front. Lived up to its name. To have a proposal on the sand - bended knee and all, with a huge sunset - what a lifetime memory. The girls looked fantastic on our last night.

After the kids came back to Nz we went on to Aitutaki - a bit windy which made snorkelling difficult, but the lagoon has the most amazing colours. Great accommodation right up to the sand. Wine and dinner on our own deck overlooking lagoon and yet another superb sunset. They are breeding clams at the research station in holding tanks. They are like jewels even when very tiny. When they are large enough they are put in the lagoon.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

New fiancee New fiancee
New fiancee

Mel with ring looking gorgeous.
What a stunnerWhat a stunner
What a stunner

Nick you are so lucky
Jewels of the seaJewels of the sea
Jewels of the sea

Breeding programme for clams.


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb