Back to Rarotonga - Night 4 - Our 10th Anniversary - 13 February 2009


Advertisement
Cook Islands' flag
Oceania » Cook Islands » Rarotonga
February 13th 2009
Published: April 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Rarotonga, Here We ComeRarotonga, Here We ComeRarotonga, Here We Come

We spotted the mountains of Rarotonga as we flew in - they looked beautiful in the late afternoon sunlight.

Dinner on the Most Perfect 10th Anniversary Ever!!

After arriving back from Aitutaki we chatted all the way to our resort to the Danish couple we had walked around One Foot Island with - they were lovely people and we wished them all the best for their journey home the next day after travelling around Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands for six months.

When we got back to our rooms we had very welcome showers and lathered on moisturizer as both of us were VERY burnt, especially on the back of our legs, arms and faces due to being face down in the water for so many hours of the day. We had put on sunscreen in the morning but forgot to reapply it in the afternoon! We learnt for next time!!!

Then we were off to the Blue Lagoon Restaurant for dinner, as previously booked with Mosese. When we got to the restaurant there was a sign at the front saying "Private Function" so we turned around thinking there must have been a wedding or something but as we were heading to the other restaurant Mosese came up and said, "Come on, I've got your table ready."
Rugged Mountains on a Green IslandRugged Mountains on a Green IslandRugged Mountains on a Green Island

Another view of the mountains stretching to the clouds.
To our surprise WE were the private function and he led us to a table right at the water's edge with red metalic hearts and ivory pearls all over the table, white ribbons on the back of our seats and balloons all around - just for us for our 10th anniversary! We couldn't believe it as he had closed the restaurant to everyone else while we dined, even though there were about ten other tables! We really were overwhelmed! So during a delicious dinner we enjoyed the magnificent views across the lagoon with lanterns lighting the pavillion, the absolutely tranquil water of the lagoon and a beautiful sunset - it truly was picture perfect and a wonderful end to a perfect day in paradise!

We all decided to indulge in the lamb shanks, ratatouille and mashed potato with a garden salad, which was delicious but very filling and consequently decided we didn't need dessert!

Then it was back to our room for another game of May I - just to finish off a great day - and guess what!!! Steve won, AGAIN! Happy anniversary, darling!

Finally it was into bed by about 10.30. We couldn't have had
Beautiful Scenery from the AirBeautiful Scenery from the AirBeautiful Scenery from the Air

You could even see the Needle in the middle of the picture - like a finger pointing to the sky!
a lovelier 10th anniversary if we'd tried - even if we'd spent thousands more!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Close-Up of RarotongaClose-Up of Rarotonga
Close-Up of Rarotonga

The runway and Avarua in the far left of the photo.
Is it a Cradle?Is it a Cradle?
Is it a Cradle?

Looks a bit like Cradle Mountain in Tasmania but it's the beautiful scenery of Rarotonga!
10th Anniversary Dinner Celebrations10th Anniversary Dinner Celebrations
10th Anniversary Dinner Celebrations

We were spoilt with a perfect dinner setting - decorations, beautiful view, great company and a fantastic waiter serving delicious food - what more could we ask for!!
Mosese, Jeni and SteveMosese, Jeni and Steve
Mosese, Jeni and Steve

Mosese had prepared a beautiful table setting for us and closed the entire restaurant to ensure we had the perfect evening!
Our Table SettingOur Table Setting
Our Table Setting

He had scattered red metalic hearts and ivory pearls over the table, as well as placed ribbons over our chairs and balloons all around - he was so thoughful!
Mel with the Perfect BackdropMel with the Perfect Backdrop
Mel with the Perfect Backdrop

Our table was just above the water's edge and the views were spectacular.
Steve Getting Ready to OrderSteve Getting Ready to Order
Steve Getting Ready to Order

The marquee reminded us of the one at The Heritage in Brisbane where we spent our wedding night 10 years ago!
Jeni - Sheer Bliss!Jeni - Sheer Bliss!
Jeni - Sheer Bliss!

We were so spoilt and couldn't get over what a perfect day this had been - not only visiting Aitutaki but also being so spoilt when we got back to the resort.
The View From Our TableThe View From Our Table
The View From Our Table

Dusk over the lagoon.
Cloud ReflectionsCloud Reflections
Cloud Reflections

Beautiful clouds reflected in the calm lagoon.
An Amazing Place on a Spectacular NightAn Amazing Place on a Spectacular Night
An Amazing Place on a Spectacular Night

The setting was absolutely beautiful - words can't describe the colours or the experience.
The Idyllic Location to CelebrateThe Idyllic Location to Celebrate
The Idyllic Location to Celebrate

We couldn't have asked for a lovelier setting - as the sun set the colours in the sky and over the lagoon took our breath away.
Night Sky Over the LagoonNight Sky Over the Lagoon
Night Sky Over the Lagoon

We were the only table occupied in the entire restaurant - we were so spoilt!
Shots of Light in the SkyShots of Light in the Sky
Shots of Light in the Sky

As the sun set the sky glowed with beautiful colours, which then reflected in the water.
More Night Time ColoursMore Night Time Colours
More Night Time Colours

We couldn't have asked for a more perfect place to celebrate - Happy Anniversary to both of us!
10 Years Together and Still Happy!10 Years Together and Still Happy!
10 Years Together and Still Happy!

The end of a beautiful day - memories that will live forever.


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb