Cook Islands (1- Touristy stuff)


Advertisement
Cook Islands' flag
Oceania » Cook Islands » Rarotonga
December 20th 2005
Published: December 20th 2005
Edit Blog Post

I guess i had a pretty eventful couple of weeks in Rarotonga and the Cook Islands and therefore this is the first of three entries detailing what occurred and i am starting with the touristy stuff that we did which is the most straightforward thing to write about.

The islands really are like paradise, the water of the surroundingh lagoon is turqoise blue and is perfect for swimming, snorkelling, kayaking and everything else. The temperature averages about 26 degreesa the whole yearb round. There were a few tropical storms while we were there as well, some of which seemed to come and go within minutes. Snorkelling was something that intially i seemed completely unable to do, but during a lagoon cruise (while we were on the island of Aitutaki) i tried it again and found that i was able to do it. It was great that i got to do it in the lagoon as well because there were loads of fish there as well as a giant clam and loads of coral.

The lagoon cruise was probably the highlight of all the touristy stuff that we did, during it we got see the contestants from a British reality TV show called Shipwreck. If you ever watch a TV show called Shipwreck and a yellow Catamaran passes by theres a chance that i am on it. Another good tour that we did was a land rover tour of the main island of Rarotonga, this included a traditional cook islands lunch, which was local meat and fruit all cooked in the ground.

Another highlight were the island nights where shows are put on consisting of traditional island dancing, which is pretty entertaining, this also includes getting some cook island food.

Incidently i have just realised that this is a pretty boring diary entry (even my own low standards)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0968s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb