Change of direction


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
September 26th 2008
Published: September 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The plan was to meet Beth, renta car and travel down the south west coast together. The plan started off really well... but then we decided to throw the plan out the window!! 😊

Weleft early morning and started our drive down the coast to Magaret River... beautiful green fields, sunny blue sky... everything was perfect. We booked a night at a hostel and then a wione tour for the next day.Went out to the local pub where a great band was playing, had a couple of beers, danced a little, met some guys who talked about how wonderful the north was and then got kicked out when the bar closed at.... 12???!?!?!!? Oh well... what can you do....

Next day wine tour, great wineries, great cheese... the only problem was... rain... cold cold rain. Well apparently Beth had been brewing the idea of heading north after hearing all the amazing things about it, so the next day we decided to jump in our car and drive 9 hrs to Geralton our first stop on the wayto Monkey Mia, Exmouth and the Coral Bay.

Monkey Mia was fab... we managed to get a room to ourselves... enjoyed the sun and the sea. We arrived at Exmouth yesterday and drove to Cape Range Ntl park this morning. We managed snorkel on Turquoise Bay but unfortunately the weather changed on us and we weren't able to do the drift dive I always rave about.

Gotta go meet Beth, we're heading to the lighthouse for sunset and whale watching. Hopefully I'll be able to update soon! Don't have very many pics... but will try to tak more...



Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0646s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb