Monday 15th April 2024


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
April 15th 2024
Published: April 16th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Monday 15

th
April, BroomeRAC Cable Beach Caravan ParkCost $41.62 per night with membershipRated by us 8/10Mileage 17707 travelled 0The weather is very hot and humid today and not realising how hot we set out to do some chores around camp. That proved too hot so we set off for a walk in Chinatown via Kmart for Tshirts for G. We managed a short walk but soon realised that the 38 degrees and 56%!h(MISSING)umidity was too much so we headed back to camp. Relaxing afternoon dodging the heat and swimming to stay cool. Just up the road from our site is the famous Cable Beach sunset spot and the beach on which the camels do there sunset walk along the beach. We loaded up the cameras and set off to see the sunset. The foreshore has an amazing grassed area along a large part of the beach here, along with a few restaurants and a cafe. We settled down at a table with all our gear and I headed off to get ice creams. We ended up with a creation of crushed and iced Acai berries with fruit, coconut and Peanut Butter a strange combination but it was rather delicious, Tippy thought the Peanut Butter was the best. A group of young people sat playing chess and drinking began to grow and one of the girls, who was as most of them were, getting high on dope decided that the guitar was her friend and that she could sing, she proceeded to shatter the peace for everyone, she very much could not sing, so we moved benches further along the road, I guess that’s what been young is but I don’t remember been so insensitive maybe I was.As the sky was cloudless tonight the sunset was nice and I enjoyed playing with the camera and tripod but it was a pretty ordinary sun set.It was now dark and after six so we decided to risk the take away fish and chips from the cafe, they were actually really good and lots of food, we rolled home full and ready for a cool shower. I have not had a hot or even warm shower since we left home, other than the cold water which is never really cold. Relaxing and fun day at a nice slow pace dictated by the heat.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



16th April 2024

broome sunset
regardless of the quality it is still a beautiful place to be living if for a short time

Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb