South West 2023


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
December 4th 2023
Published: December 5th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Monday 4th December

I had managed to contact my friend Lisa who lives in Dunsborough and arrange to meet up for a chat and diner, we have not seen her for over a year so it will be good to catch up. With a short two hour trip to Yallingup we had a lazy start to the day, getting up latish and relaxing. A long walk on the beach with Tippy was a treat, managed to take my camera and get some great shots of the clouds and the ocean, as well as Tippy and G. Because the sun is not burning hot and there are lots of clouds around the shots on the beach are so much more interesting, enjoyed playing with the colors, will try with my bigger lens next time. Easy drive to Yallingup having decided to use caravan parks we headed to The Caves Caravan Park in Yallingup, the lady at reception was amazing she started at $60 per night for a powered site or $70 per night for powered site with En suite bathroom. After the day we had yesterday I decide to go for the en suite and spoil us but I mentioned that $70 was a bit steep, at which point she offered me a mid week special at $55 and I said OK two nights please lets do it, G would be proud of me I question every charge these days. We set up camp with grey water and fresh water and the power cable connected I called Lisa and said we would be along soon after a quick sandwich and a shower. We had only managed a "lick and a promise" bowl wash last night and both felt grubby, the hot shower was most welcome. The camp site is amazing we have grass, the first time we have hade this at a caravan park, just shows how different the weather is going south not north. Space to park was once again tight and confirms our thoughts that this van is too big to tour with, G as usual managed to park us dead square on the double concrete pad. We back tracked a few kms to Dunsborough to meet up with Lisa and see her new house, a walk on her beach which is 400meters away from her home was a treat. Tippy appears to be worrying about his front left paw, whilst we could not see anything, we will need to keep an eye on it. We decided to have diner at Caves House which is just across the road from our caravan park spent an enjoyable few hours eating good food and chatting with Lisa about her life since Max (her deceased husband) and her kids and grandkids, great evening. Tippy was with us all night and was really good and spoilt by all the staff at the pub who seem to be dog lovers.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb