Cape Range to Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
September 1st 2019
Published: September 2nd 2019
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Cape Range to Perth



On our journey south we stopped in at Carnarvon to buy more groceries, then headed on our way to Edaggee Rest Area for the night.
We were excited for the girls to see Shell Beach which is made up of millions of cockle shells.
We overnighted at Eagle bluff and couldn't wait to see how many dolphins would visit Monkey Mia the following morning. At first there were 2 - a mother named Piccolo and her calf, then half an hour later we saw 4 beautiful bottle nose dolphins.
Despite the cool change in weather we stopped at a playground by the beach at Denham to have an ice-cream and play before driving to Galena Bridge South Rest Area.
The road into Kalbarri National Park was smooth and bitumen this time, with fantastic walks into Nature's window and Z Bend.
We continued along through Kalbarri to Lucky Bay where we camped for two nights. The girls loved more time at the beach, and Lucy discovered a jellyfish washed up.
Shortly after leaving Lucky Bay we passed Hutt Lagoon (a pink lake) but we couldnt get close access to it, so continued towards Geraldton where we stayed in the town's rest area.
Cliff Head South was a pretty beach but full of seaweed and big rough waves as the weather has started to change. We departed the next day and drove to Jurien Bay Tourist Park where the girls have loved the jumping pillow before more rain comes.
Our final stop before Perth was the Pinnacles Desert where old limestone formations stood high out of the sand.
Although the weather forecast is not that great, we can't wait to explore Perth over the next few days!


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



2nd September 2019

Loving your blog & photos
We are loving your blog and amazing photos, looks like you are all having an amazing trip xx
6th September 2019

It sounds like you are all enjoying your trip. Thanks for sending the
Photos they are great

Tot: 0.26s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 7; qc: 25; dbt: 0.2032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb