Merry Christmas and Happy New Year


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » The Kimberleys » Wyndham
December 24th 2006
Published: January 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Me, Kelvin and CarlMe, Kelvin and CarlMe, Kelvin and Carl

Having just reached the top of the Bastion
After Catching up with Mum and Kelvin the night before it's time to catch our plane to kununurra. Where we are met by Carl, Tracey and their baby daughter Tara, who is now five and half months old. After abit of shopping and a brief tour of Kununurra. We then headed on to their home in Wyndham, which is about an hours drive. Where we we once again spent the rest of the day catching up with each other and playing with Tara.
At five o'clock on Christmas morning we were all awake, ready for a early morning walk up the Bastion Hill. While Me, kelvin and Carl are busy hiking up the hill with a few other local's, which, I'll have say was not a gentle slope, but infact almost a sheer rock face. Mum, Tracey and Tara drove upto the top to start setting up breakfast for the hungry walker's and themselves. So when we make it to the top, we are pleased to find the Barbies going ready for the bacon,sausages and eggs, yummy. Doesn't feel like Christmas though, as it's not cold enough. After brekkie everyone then heads back down the hill. Where we enjoy the presents
TaraTaraTara

Enjoying her Christmas present
under the tree. or in Tara's case she enjoyed the wraping paper more. The rest of the day we spent around Carl and Tracey's friends, where rather than the traditional turkey, we enjoyed prawns, bug tails and salad, for both lunch and dinner.
On Boxing day after a lazy morning we all head out to Marlgu Billabong to check out the birdlife. unfortunatly for us though, the water level had dropped dramatically since the week before and so had the birdlife. which was a shame, but it was still a beautiful area.
The rest the afternoon we spent out at Parrys Creek Farm. Enjoying their swimming pool and a barbie.
On wednesday we traveled over to Kununurra to meet up with Some more of Carl and Tracey's friends, We spent the afternoon on a pontoon on Lake Kununurra, where we had drinks, nibbles and enjoyed a swim. then enjoyed another barbie in the evening before heading back to Wyndham.
On Thursday we had a nice lazy day around Wyndham, before heading up the Bastion to meet up with friends, have nibbles and watch the sunset over the Marsh and the five rivers.
On friday it was time to drop Mum
Lake KununurraLake KununurraLake Kununurra

Pelican on a tree
and Kelvin at the airport as they were traveling to Syndey to see the new year in. Once they were safely on their plane we headed in to Kununurra to meet Trish and Richard, Carl and Tracey's friends from Katherine had come over for New Year. We then all headed down to Ivanhoe Crossing, which is part of the old Wyndham to Kununurra road. This particular section is underwater and depending on how much water is flowing, depends on if you can drive across. Today apparently it was low enough to cross it. Although, to me the river seemed to be quite high, you certainly would not be driving our average car through it. On the way back to Wyndham also stopped in to have a look at the Mollys Springs and The Grotto.
On Saturday we went went to Parry Creek again for and a swim. Then on new year eve, Carl took Me, Trish and Richard down to the King River in the hope of doing some fishing. unfortunatly there was nothing biting as the river was quite low due to the tide. but we did go and have a look at the Wyndham prison tree. which is
CrocodilesCrocodilesCrocodiles

In Lake Kununurra
a large Boab. That was used to house prisoner's overnight when taking them back to Kununurra. We then went on top look at the dam and some local aboriginal rock paintings. To bring the new year there was party at some more of Carl and tracey's. The rest of the week I have been pretty much chilling and catching up on my blog. On Tuesday I went to Water Aeobics for some exercice. Then Tika invited me round for dinner after, which was lovely, as Carl and Tracey were in Kununurra for the night. Tomorrow being Friday, I will be off to Perth.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Lake Kununurra againLake Kununurra again
Lake Kununurra again

Just like the photo
SunsetSunset
Sunset

At the Bastion
The Ivanhoe CrossingThe Ivanhoe Crossing
The Ivanhoe Crossing

Richard and Trish coming through
WyndhamWyndham
Wyndham

The Prison Tree
Happy New Year Happy New Year
Happy New Year

Me, Tracey and Carl enjoying the party


10th January 2007

Hiya Zoe. Looks like you are having a really good time, I'm really enjoying your journal and the pictures are great. Keep them coming. It was great to speak to you at Christmas.

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb