Perth


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
May 2nd 2012
Saved: September 20th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Susan had to fly to Sydney for a couple of days. On Monday I grappled with the bus system and went downtown, or as they say here, to the CBD. I walked around and admired sculptures, saw the old Court House and various other historic buildings and went to the Western Australian Museum- Perth. There was a very powerful display about the Australian military operations in East Timor during WWII. I rode the blue CAT bus, attended evening prayer at St. George's, and then ate delicious mussels wrapped in bacon at 44 King Street. A trip home on the city bus completed my sightseeing for the day.



On Wednesday Susan and I had a day out and a out together. First we went to the theatre- a wonderful matinee performance of Mary Poppins, followed by drinks in the lounge of the revolving C Restaurant, on the 33rd floor of St. Martin's Place. The pictures I took from there are rather grainy, but are each of a particular place I visited. We interacted with more sculpture on the way back to the car park, then home to Susan's lovely house in Salter Point.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb