Undies on Mundies in Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
March 5th 2012
Published: April 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Iconic Boab TreeIconic Boab TreeIconic Boab Tree

In 2008, this boab was transported 3000 km.
We had a late afternoon stroll with our hosts through King's Park which has a numerous gardens of the indigenous plants and trees of West Australia. Most impressive is the entrance lined with eucalyptus trees welcoming park visitors. As the day faded we watched the moon rise over Perth...still can hardly believe we are here.

In 2008, a giant Boab tree was removed from the northern tropical region and transported on a flat bed truck for 7 days traveling over 3,000 km to King's Park in Perth. The construction of a new bridge on the Great Northern Hwy meant the tree had to be relocated and the indigenous people gave it as a gift to the people of Perth. The photos hardly do justice to the majestic dimensions of the Boab.

Our hosts took us to a unique pizza place. My eyes alighted on the sign announcing 30%!d(MISSING)iscount if you wear your undies on the outside of your clothes. "Undies on Mundies"

Who dares? ... I happened to have a spare pair of underwear with me. You never know when you are traveling... extra undies are essential. I gave the spare pair to Ken and he stretched them over the outside of his pants. Both the pizza baker and the cashier verified the undies and we got the deal! Apparently they do not see many Aussies who are so bold to get the pizza discount.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

King's Park overlooks Business District King's Park overlooks Business District
King's Park overlooks Business District

Broken Hills Tower dominates Skyline (Mining Corp)


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb