Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
June 28th 2018
Published: June 28th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Well I just realised how long it’s been since the last blog. Now the hard part is remembering the what and where’s.
We left Esperance and headed towards Ravensthorpe then on towards Hayden (wave rock). We camped about 80 kms before we got there so we would have plenty of time in the morning to explore. It was the first time for Ken, but I’ve been there a few times already. Our next stop was Corigin and one of Wendy’s favourite landmarks the Loch Ness monster. We then drove through Quairading, where there was some remains of the Rabbit Proof Fence. Then onto Cunderdin to have a meal at the Etimogah Pub. Only the meals were too dear so we went elsewhere. Next day we drove to Northam and onto Munderring NP passing a pie shop on Bakers Hill. Sounded like a good omen to me so we stopped and brought a pie each. They had a large selection. Now I’m not a big pie fan, as pies go they were right up there with the best of them. The only exception being that I ordered a chilli one expecting it to be hot hot( that’s with real chillies Tanja) only it was mildly warm. The Munderring Dam supplies the water for Perth and districts. Next day we drove to the Perth Hospital, as dad was having his Op for a pace maker. He came through it well and good. We caught up with Wendy and drove out to her sister in laws place. Where we were to stay for the next two weeks. As we had to return to the hospital for a checkup.
While staying with Jan and Gary we toured to a few places around the area Fremantle, Scarborough, Cottesloe, Yanchep and Swan Valley to name a few. J&G needed a fence put up so we were glad to help out as payment for letting us stay there.
The checkup went well and dad was given the all clear to go bush. Which he probably would of done anyway as we were anxiously waiting to head north. As I’ve written this on my phone I don’t have any photos to post not that I had many if I sent it via my PC.

Advertisement



29th June 2018

Gordon
Hi Kim, pleased you are enjoying yourself and to hear Gordon has his pace maker and is going well. Say hello to him for me please. It’s very cold here so you should be better off weather wise than we are. Just wanted to say g’day to you and Gordepon time to watch Geelong play the dogs tonight. Enjoy Betty

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb