We're off


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Victoria Park
December 5th 2006
Published: December 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After setting off from the sunny shores of England we were greeted with the news it was going to be 30 degrees the day we landed. Nice one

We landed just after midnight, had a couple of beers and went to bed.

Jet lag set in and we didn't get up till dinner time, the next day.

We spent the next hour getting a car then we finally got to the bottle shop and bought a slab of beer.

Needless to say, a couple of hours later we were into the reserve wine as we had run out of beer and was enjoying soaking up what little sun was left.

After a hard slog on the booze, we finally ambled to bed and took our tops off to find it looked like they we're still on. (we both had typically british vest tans)

The next day, panic set in as the weather forecast was cool and windy. We thought we'd be stuck with odd tans.

went down south to Busselton, yallingup and eagle bay. The beaches were fantastic but the sea was a bit too cold to swim in.

Had a bbq at Lisa and Grahams, their house is really nice (and huge) with a fantastic sunset. We stayed the night and was greeted with the same view in the morning which was just as good in daylight. Both myself and graham were sick that day (must have been something we ate)

Perth Zoo was good. We saw a MASSIVE crocodile which everyone was adament was not real until it moved then everyone sh@t themselves and took a big step away from the glass

We also went to the aquarium at hillarys boat harbour and saw a shark. We had the opportunity to swim with them but politely declined as only this week a lad lost his leg. (how careless)

Anyway, off to Kalbarri for the week, nice 35 degrees up north (not like england then)

toodle pip




Advertisement



8th December 2006

Hello
b*$tard. I'm cold. Don't mention the ashes. I'm off to the arrow tonight to keep warm. My fence has blown down because it's so windy. Say hello to everyone from us.

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0654s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb